Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January

Three weeks into January and lets see what resolutions have continued... I can't even remember them so probably none. I will continue to work on them though I am sure.

  Last week I started in Disney's Emerging Leader Program, which for those of you who don't know it is basically a management training program. I am working in Outdoor Vending in Disneyland. It is not a HUGE change but it is kind of a big one, I am doing three weeks of "costume" training which means I will learn pretty much every position that I will be managing. So far it has been pretty great besides being super sick the first week (last week). I survived and I am pretty sure I didn't get anyone else sick.  I learned how to blow up those $12 balloons we sell. I also got to sell some which is not really that easy. You would think holding 20 balloons isn't so bad but then they bring you 30 more and then you have 50 and you feel like you will be pulled away. I have also learned where most of the bathrooms are in Disneyland and if you thought I knew them before you are crazy :)
  I have learned that I don't really like the turkey legs that everyone else LOVES. I just don't get the craze but thats okay.    Eating at the Blue Bayou for the first time was great, we ate there for lunch last week and we had an amazing server who has been with Disney for 38 years... ALL of them at the Blue Bayou.  Everyone that I have met has been so welcoming and helpful. I still have lots of training left and actually I am technically training the whole time in this program.

Even in these first two weeks I have learned so much and realized that I have SO much to learn and I am very thankful that I get to work where they placed me.

One thing that everyone asks... "tell me about yourself, what do you like to do?" and this question for some reason is so difficult for me. So this year I am going to find a hobby.  I need to work on my 30 second commercial or whatever they call it.

Besides all the changes at work I have a few other things going on as well.

Sunday the 29th I will be running with my mom at Disney's Tinker Bell Half Marathon. Its going to be interesting and I really hope I can keep up with her since my training has been non existent the past month. (I've been sick)    Hopefully towards the end of the year I will be able to participate in Disney's Wine and Dine Half Marathon which is in Florida. Its in November so if anyone wants run with me or just go hang out please let me know!!!   It's during the food and wine festival in Epcot so even more of a reason to go!

I am also doing Weight Watchers... I have done it before but I gave up before but this time I am going to stick to it until I reach my goal weight. I would like to lose 30 lbs and then see how I feel then and what is a good weight for me. Once I reach my goal weight I am going to quit 24 hour fitness and start going to LA Boxing. I LOVE LA Boxing but I can't afford it so once I hit "lifetime" or my goal weight with WW I won't have to pay anymore so I will be able to do LA Boxing. So if you ever see me eating or drinking too much just remind me that its not worth it :-)

I am so excited for this year and I hope that I will be challenged both professionally and personally. I am going to try and update this thing as I progress through EL (emerging leaders) and also I guess as I go through WW.

Keep me in your prayers y'all  :-)

1 comment: