Monday, October 4, 2010

Rain Rain go away....

Actually I really like this rainy type of weather, its much better than the over 100 degree weather we had for a few days last week. I know who am I to complain when we have perfect weather almost all year long but man it was HOT.   


Today I am trying not to feel discouraged... its been a full month since I started this get healthy kick and I haven't lost a single pound!!  I am wondering what the heck I am doing wrong. I am going to the gym more than I have all year and I stopped eating fast food and drinking soda. My mom told me to start keeping a food journal and I might just have to do that and see if I really am eating so much more than I was before. Its just really kind of frustrating. 


Another speed bump that I've hit is my poor foot. For whatever reason it is killing me when I walk/run/jog whatever. I have no clue what caused this to start happening but I am praying it gets better FAST! In the mean time I am trying to do the elliptical machine even though I really don't like it. Maybe I am still being affected by the fast from a few weeks ago. I don't know I just figured I would feel healthier and all I feel is my body kind of falling apart.  Its okay though I will not be discouraged... I will fight the good fight and I will finish the race, I WILL keep the faith. UGH if it were just that easy. 


 Tonight I am starting a 10 week course at my church called Living for God (or something like that) I am pretty excited about it. I am hoping that it will challenge me and open my eyes to things or force me to look at things I am ignoring. I just hope that God works in my heart and that I learn from this class. Tomorrow I will be hopefully joining a Life Group if all goes well, I missed last week because I went and saw Peter Pan and that was good but I am ready to meet my life group and start growing in the community. 


I need to go to sleep now.... well like 40 minutes ago but thats okay. I will try to keep my head up and not worry about the scale and worry about my heart. Cheesy I know but sometimes its good to be.




Mark 11:22-23
"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him."

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your sharing and know how frustrating it can be. I am encouraged by your attitude however. Keep trusting in God to lead you in the way you should go. Love.

    ReplyDelete